Research Paper Topics
How to Write a Research Essay
Every high school and college student will be assigned to write a research essay at some point of his educational process. Knowing how to conduct a good research, and turn it into a well-structured research paper is essential for your further education, as learning is widely based on being able to research, and analyze. Research paper writing is aimed at allowing students to master a certain aspect in a field of studies practically all by themselves, concluding something that doesn’t only broaden researcher’s horizon, but other people minds as well.
Some may find getting a research paper done rather challenging and daunting. We will help you come up with a perfect organization so you could plan your work in advance using our useful tips as well as essay topics and examples.
How to Start a Research Essay
The main problem most students face is choosing the right topic for a research essay. Do not pick the one you are not interested in. Pick the subject you’re passionate about. Sometimes research paper topics are assigned, but as a rule, they can be negotiated with your teacher, and adjusted. Don’t reject the idea of approaching your supervisor in order to discuss the possibility of changing your research paper topic. It is always easy to write about something you enjoy.
On the other hand, you should also take into account the rest of your classmates. Since everyone wants to write about something they care about, a lot of people may end up with similar topics, or topics that happen to cover one area. So, try to be original and think about unique angles from which you can research your topic. If you face difficulties researching the topic, change it immediately. Bear in mind, it’s better to have too much information on the given topic, and be selective in what you’d like to include in an actual paper, then have lack of information. Usually, lack of information, leads to less desire to dig deeper, and fuels procrastination.
Research Essay Topics and Examples
- What limits are responsible?
- What limits are realistic?
- How to protect abortion doctors, pregnant women and the unborn protection of abortion clinics vs. right to protest
- Partial birth abortion
- Scientific evidence vs. definition of viability
- Stem cell research
- Unborn victims of violence
- Are children smarter (or more socialized) because of the Internet?
- Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the internet?
- How has the music industry been affected by the internet and digital downloading?
- How does a search engine work?
- Attention deficit disorder
- Investigate the history and authenticity of ADHD and ADD.
- Organic foods
- Prescription drugs
- Learning disabilities
Research Essay Outline and Format
The basic structure of any research essay includes the following:
- Results and Conclusion
- References List